Fruit salad is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. It’s also a great way to add a bit of sweetness to your meal. Here’s how to make a delicious fruit salad that everyone will love.
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 2 medium peaches, diced
- 2 medium kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and diced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash the fruit: Before you start cutting, rinse all the fruit under cold water to remove any dirt or debris. Pat them dry with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel.
- Cut the fruit: Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces. For the strawberries, remove the green top and slice them. For the blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries, rinse them and place them in a strainer to drain. For the bananas, peel them and slice them. For the apples, remove the core and dice them. For the peaches, remove the pit and dice them. For the kiwis, slice them in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Cut the kiwi into small pieces. For the oranges, peel the skin and white pith off and dice them. Place all the cut fruit into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the walnuts: Chop the walnuts into small pieces and add them to the bowl with the fruit.
- Mix the dressing: In a separate small bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit: Pour the honey mixture over the fruit and nuts and gently toss to coat. Make sure that all the fruit is coated with the dressing.
- Chill: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes. This will help the flavors to meld together and make the fruit salad taste even better.
- Serve: Remove the fruit salad from the refrigerator and serve it in individual bowls. Enjoy your delicious and healthy fruit salad!
Note: If you have any leftover fruit salad, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
Enjoy your delicious fruit salad! It’s a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals and add a bit of sweetness to your meal.