Introduction: Commercial laundry detergents can be expensive and contain chemicals that are harsh on both your skin and the environment. Making your own laundry detergent at home is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative. This article will guide you through the process of making your own laundry detergent with just a few simple ingredients.
- Washing soda
- Bar of soap (such as castile soap or fels-naptha soap)
- Large mixing bowl
- Airtight container
- Begin by grating your bar of soap into small, fine shavings.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of washing soda, 1 cup of borax, and 1 cup of grated soap.
- Stir the ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
- Use 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture per load of laundry.
Conclusion: Making your own laundry detergent at home is a simple and cost-effective solution for doing your laundry. By using natural ingredients such as washing soda, borax, and soap, you can avoid harsh chemicals found in many commercial laundry detergents. Give it a try and see for yourself how easy and satisfying it can be to make your own laundry detergent at home.